Donostia (Basque form) or San Sebastian (Spanish form) is placed on the coast of Basque Country. It is a stately city with beautiful beaches and walks, splendid cuisine (16 Michelin stars held by restaurants in the city) and great cultural activity.
From Donostia-San Sebastian you can easily visit other cities like:
- Bilbo-Bilbao: with its famous museum Guggenheim.
- Vitoria-Gasteiz: you can discover the beautiful old town and the Green Belt (an example of urban regeneration)
- Pamplona: San Fermin festival and its running of the bull (July the 6th–14th)
- Biarritz: Napoleonic touch beautiful city
There are lots of thing to do in surrounding the area, we highlight some of them:
- The way of St James if you wish to have a unique long walk (as long as you wish) from Saint Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela.
- The Flysch route to travel through 60 million years of history by sailing among the flysch